Women’s Health Medication
Whether menopause, vaginal itch, or yeast infections, they all are intimate problems. When grabbing medicines off the pharmacy store, it always requires your due diligence.
However, if you hesitate to ask your drugstore owner or pharmacist regarding the right medicine, chances are that you look for other sources to get information.
At Fort Worth Pharmacy, we have you covered with the right information for our pharmacist-recommended health medicines.
Women’s Health & Reproduction
The reproductive system of women is delicate and often complex to understand. That is why it is important to find ways to protect it from injury and infection and prevent healthcare issues. Whether you’re looking for medication that can help you get pregnant or get rid of nausea during pregnancy, the following medicines can improve the health of your reproductive system.
Medication Safety for Women
While millions of women benefit from highly recommended FDA-approved medications, not using them correctly may cause some serious health issues. Women can prevent these problems by following these simple steps.
- Ask relevant questions to doctors or certified healthcare professionals
- Follow the right instructions or directions
- Safely store the medicines
- Take medication as prescribed
- Properly dispose of expired medications
Facts About Women’s Health
Did you know women face some unique healthcare challenges across their lifespans? It affects the health conditions of millions of women each year.
Here are some quick facts and information to help you understand women’s health better;
- More than 40 percent of women suffer Heavy menstrual bleeding that lasts more than ten days. It affects over a million women each year.
- Ongoing issues related to Premenstrual Syndrome
- More than 21.2 million women suffer the symptoms associated with Bacterial vaginosis (BV) which is a common vaginal disorder.
- Women are more likely to develop chronic pain when administering opioid pain relievers that may lead to life-threatening issues.
Take a look at some of the most common health concerns in women.
Women's Health Solutions
Sexual Health and Fertility
Sexual health and fertility is another important aspect of women health. If you have questions about sexual desire please visit the women’s libido page.
Most questions we receive are related to the ability of a woman to conceive a baby. Causes like damaged Fallopian tube or ovulation issues may cause sexual health and fertility issues.
The following are some medications that pharmacists recommend to boost fertility in women
- Urofollitropin lyophilisate
- Recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
STDs or sexually transmitted diseases are the infections women get from having intercourse with an infected person. Some causes of these diseases include parasites and viruses. There are 20 different types of STDs. Some signs that may indicate you have STD include:
- Bumps and sores on the genitals or in the rectal area.
- Burning or painful urination.
- Discharge from the vagina.
- Unusual smelling vaginal discharge
- Vaginal bleeding.
- Pain during intercourse.
Birth control pills and sterilization are the most used methods to help women avoid unwanted pregnancies. However, it is important to seek assistance from your doctor or a certified pharmacist like FW compound pharmacy before administering birth control pills.
Medication during Pregnancy
Pharmacists recommend you to take the following during pregnancy:
- Regular & extra-strength Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Milk of Magnesia
Life after Menopause
Women enter their”post–menopausal” phase after a year elapses since their last menstrual cycle. As their hormone level stabilizes, either through Hormone Replacement Therapy or naturally, the symptoms begin to disappear and they feel better.
Resources For You
The best resource to seek help for your health is “compound medication”. Renowned compounding pharmacies like Fort Worth Pharmacy can help you choose the right solution for your unique needs. They may recommend you the following;
- Midol Complete
- AZO Urinary Pain Relief
- Menopause Support