Libido Enhancement Medication
Every individual experience ebbs and flows in their sexual life. Different factors impact your sexual health and vitality. Low libido can occur due to both internal and external factors.
These include age, emotional and physical health, feelings towards your relationship, social pressures, stress, socio-economic conditions, and others. In most cases, the attention of sex and sexual supplements is on men. But women also have a sex drive, sex life, and sexual desire. There are drugs available for both men and women to improve sexual desire as well as sexual function.
Can Supplements Improve your Sex Drive and Sexual Desire?
If you are worried about your low sexual desire and waning libido, lifestyle changes may help in the first place. Before your consult your doctor to use supplements, you might consider making changes to your diet. Research shows that it is possible to increase your sexual activity without taking drugs. Some things that can help men and women to improve blood flow and sex function include weight loss, cessation of smoking and alcohol, and exercising. All these things help women and men with low libido boost blood flow to the sex organs.
If these changes in your life do not help, you must consult your doctor for treatment and supplements to improve your sex drive. This may involve identifying the underlying condition, sexual desire disorder, erectile dysfunction in men, or vaginal dryness in women.
Supplements for women that can enhance libido
Although Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved medication to boost libido among females, here are some supplements that can be helpful for women with low libido. You can use them as per the recommendations of your doctor.
- Women experiencing an iron deficiency have a lower sex drive and impact arousal, desire, orgasm, and lubrication. Iron supplements often contain Tribulus Terrestris that helps to improve sexual function among females.
- If you are taking anti-depressants, they can also lose your sex desire, and maca can help. It is Peruvian ginseng. It raises estrogen levels among women.
You can take these female supplements to address problems of your low sexual desire without side effects. But if you suffer from sexual dysfunction, it is better to consult a professional doctor.
Popular Libido Supplements for Males
The supplementary diet for males usually addresses erection problems. There can be various medical reasons, including intake of drugs that control high blood pressure and anti-depressants. You can consult your practitioner about which supplement you should take to deal with your condition without any serious side effects.
- L-arginine is a form of amino acid which helps to enhance erection. Poor circulation in the penis is partly responsible for erectile dysfunction. Its intake causes blood vessel dilation; however, it’s not suitable for asthma patients as it can cause a severe allergic reaction.
- Propionyl-L-carnitine is an amino acid naturally produced in your body. When you take it as a supplement, it may produce Viagra-like effects in your body, which effectively improves sexual function. Its side effects include vomiting, nausea, and an upset stomach.
- Other dietary supplements you can take to boost libido include Niacin, SAM-e (S-adenosyl methionine), Yohimbine, and Ginseng (https://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/features/sex-drive-supplements).
What Drugs Increase Libido?
There are certain drug supplements that you can take to increase your libido.
- Tribulus Terrestris
- Red Ginseng
- Gingko Biloba
You can take a pill daily or as recommended by your physician.
When to Use Sex Enhancing Drugs?
You must consult your doctor before using sex-enhancing drugs. When you are feeling low libido or taking any medications that lower your sex drive, then sex-enhancing drugs can be helpful.